The lovely Jayne Easton tagged me in her YouTube video for this book tag. It was created by Nicole Pierman. I realize I need to start my own channel, but for right now I’m camera shy and have something proper to film with at the moment.
1. Your Favorite: Who is your favorite female lead in bookish history? Catherine from Northanger Abbey. She’s a quirky teenager and would totally write fanfiction if she were a modern-day girl. I’ve thought about playing with a modern retelling of the just for fun, actually!
2. The Scariest: Who is the scariest female character you’ve ever read? (She doesn’t have to be a villain or evil.) Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter. That witch has some serious mental issues, and they were confirmed after I read the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play.
3. Oh-so-sassy: Who’s your favorite sassy female character? Celaena/Aelin from Throne of Glass. She’s this kickass assassin who is really a Fae princess and even though I kind of trudged through Empire of Storms, I still am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt since the last book hasn’t been released yet.
4. The Kindest: Which female character is the kindest female character you’ve come across in literature? I really loved Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. She was such a sweetheart.
5. Best Character Development: The female lead that’s changed the most throughout a book series? I’m picking from Throne of Glass again, but I have to say Lysandra. She was this really petty character I wanted to throat punch in the novellas from Assassin’s Blade, but she’s now turned into this well-rounded female character who’s favorite animal to turn into include giant snow leopards and sea dragons. How can you NOT love that?
6. Sidekicks ROCK: The best female sidekick? Hermione Granger! How can I NOT mention the female side of the trio from Harry Potter?! Although she and Harry should have ended up married with a bunch of babies, I’m just saying. And this is completely NOT my fanfcition writer side coming out here (I have read so many H/HR fanfics, it’s not funny!!!) She’s brainy, she’s sassy, and there was that one time she knocked Malfoy a good one in the face, and let’s not forget that she loves to read. Hermione is a girl after my own heart and always has been.
7. Your BFF: The one female character you’d love to have as a best friend? Hermione Granger, duh. Or Claire Fraiser from Outlander. Damn. That’s really hard to pick. I already gave all my reasons for Hermione, but Claire is the type to always have your back until you cross her.
8. Misunderstood: Which female character is the MOST misunderstood? Manon Blackbeak from Throne of Glass. She’s an iron teeth witch and you really want to dislike her when you realize what his happening after she’s first introduced, but then you can’t help but start to like her just a little bit because all of the witches are so damn crazy.
9. Save The Day: Who is the one female character you think would always save the day, no matter what she’s up against? Okay, so there have been Buffy books, so I have to pick Buffy Summers. There is no other way around it. We will not even get into a discussion about how much I love Buffy and her kickass, save the day mentality when it comes to fighting vampires and other demons who are attracted to the Hellmouth in Sunnydale. I’ve heard the comics have gotten really weird, though. (Yeah, I’m cheating/bending the questions a little).
10. I Need More: Finally, which female character do you want to see more of in literature? I can’t WAIT for Lysandra to have more backstory/story something in Throne of Glass.
I’m tagging Tara, Stephanie Doyel, and J.A. O’Donoghue.